Emergency Veterinary Care in Charlotte, NC
If your pet appears seriously ill or injured, please call our hospital at (704) 588-4400 so our veterinarians and staff can prepare for your arrival and be ready to check you in immediately. We can provide emergency vet care during our regular business hours, but do not have staff available overnight. For after-hours emergencies, please see our emergency referral hospitals below.
When Would My Pet Need Emergency Care?
We recommend contacting us immediately if you have any concerns about your pet’s health; even if you’re not completely sure if their condition is urgent. See our list of symptoms and scenarios below to see what generally constitutes an emergency.
- Having difficulty breathing
- Choking or gagging
- Acute swelling of the abdomen
- Excessive vomiting or diarrhea
- Severe bleeding that continues even with compression
- Signs of heat stroke (lethargy, fever, heavy drooling, collapse)
- Was attacked by a wild animal or other dog or cat
- Body temperature feels unnaturally high or low
- Unable to urinate or defecate
- Sustained injury to eye(s)
- Fell from a high place or was hit by a car
- Ingested a known or suspected toxin
- Suddenly appears weak, lame, or is unable to stand